Dienstag, 12. Juli 2011

Cherry Clafoutis (Clafoutis aux Cerises) [Kirsch Clafoutis]

The last two days I was busy with ... cooking. I made one recipe a day and so I can present you those two!

I'll start with the Cherry Clafoutis - a cake, that I know for over ten years now from 7th grade when my French teacher told us about it on our very first day. The taste is very special and I can't describe it properly - it's like you're eating a VERY thick pudding. It's tasty but I couldn't eat it every day.



Cherry Clafoutis for 5 (340kcal / potion):

100g wheat flour
3 eggs
50g butter
80g sugar
250ml milk
380g sour cherries (glas)
butter to grease the baking dish
a fireproof baking dish (like for pies)

1. Preheat the oven to 160°C. I'm using an electric oven, you need to experiment with hot air.
2. In a bowl, scramble the eggs.
3. Let the butter melt in a pan at very low heat!
4.Put flour in a big bowl. Add the eggs and mix with a whisk.



5. Add sugar, milk and melted butter whisk well.



6. With a little bit butter, grease the baking dish slightly.
7. Lay in the cherries, so they lay side by side. Carefully shaking the dish a bit might help.



8. Slowly pour the dough.



9. Bake in your oven for about 40 minutes. With a toothpick, try to prick the thickest part of your cake. When the toothpick comes out clean, the clafoutis is done! If not, let bake for another 5 minutes, then try again.
10. Bon appetit!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen