Sonntag, 3. Juli 2011

Spanisches Omelett / Spanish Omelet [Tortilla de Patates]

244 recipes
363 days to go

Yesterday I've cooked the first recipe from "Cooking Guide: Can't decide what to eat?" Because I had a lot of eggs and bell peppers in the frigde I was looking for something, which could use both. I went for omelet and since I was looking for a recipe, I checked my DS. I hadn't used the Cooking guide in over 1 year! I was a little sad and so my idea of cooking every recipe and thus making it up to the little chef was born!

Luckily, they have a recipe for omelet, which also has potatoes (filling) but no bell peppers ... but since I didn't care at all, I just added the peppers.

And some mushrooms.

Well, here's what I 've got.




Looks quite tasty, huh? Well it was! If you want to try out, here's my recipe.

Tortilla de Patates (Verdura) for 5 persons:

12 eggs (yes)
400g potatoes
1 onion
2 small bellpeppers
150g mushrooms
olive oil
salt and pepper
A big pan with lit and a big bowl! Everything has to fit in the bowl and the pan! The lit for the pan should fit perfectly! It's very important!

1. Peel the potatoes and cut them into 5mm pieces.
2.Peel and cut the vegetables into 5mm pieces. Everything have about the same size.
3.Heat olive oil in the pan at moderate heat. Add the onions and cook until they get tender.
Add the potatoes, place the lit and simmer over low heat until tender. (might take 20-25 minutes)



4. After 10 minutes, add the cut bell peppers and mushrooms. Also add some salt and pepper to your taste.



5.In the meanwhile, crack all eggs into the bowl and whisk. Add salt and pepper to your taste.
6.Now add the (now) tender wegetables from the pan to the bowl with the eggs. It's not necessary to let them cool before since you're going to bake it in a second. Mix well.
7. Now heat some more olive oil in your pan at moderate heat. Pour in the whole mixture.



8. Bake the mixture half through. That means, you have to stir it while baking! This might take  few minutes. In the end it should look like very soggy scrambled eggs. Sorry, I don't have a picture here.
9.Put on the lit and keep baking the omelet over low heat while moving the pan a little until the egg gets firm to 80%. That means, it has to be completely firm at the bottom, but can be a little tender at the top.
10.Now, here's the tricky part. Press the lit on your pan. Carefully turn the pan around, so the omelet lays on the lit! Be very careful not to burn yourself or drop the pan. If you have a very big pan, ask someone for help. I don't have pics here, because I had both hands busy with flipping my pan.
11. Now let the omelet slide from the lit into the pan again. Bake for about 3-5 minutes at low heat until it's done.
12. You can now place a plate on your omelet and turn the pan, so you can present the Tortilla de Patates. Since I have a rectangular pan, I had to cut it in pieces in the pan.



13. Done!

This dish is very delicious and interesting and I hope, you'll try it. :)

I've realized I've cooked a lot of the recipes in the "book" but differently. I'm going to make them again with Chibi-Chef.

For this week, I'll also have:
Pizza Margherita (tomorrow) [selber Name]
Sweet and Sour Pork (Thursday) [Schweinefleisch süß-sauer]
Almond Tofu (Thursday) [Annindofu] ~~~made this before after another recipe
Cherry Clafoutis (Saturday) [Kirschkuchen] ~~~made this before after another recipe
And something as main course for Saturday but I haven't decided yet.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen